Notice is hereby given that the 9th Annual General Meeting of Jaiz Bank Plc. (Formerly Jaiz International Plc.) will hold at Shehu Musa Yar’adua Center, Central Business District, Abuja, Federal Capital Territory on Wednesday 4th July 2012 at 11.00am to transact the following business:
- 1. To receive and consider the audited financial statements for the period ended 31st December, 2011, together with the Reports of the Directors, Auditors, and Audit Committee thereon.
- 2. To elect Directors.
- 3. To authorize the Directors to fix the remuneration of the Auditors.
- 4. To elect Members of the
- 5. To fix the Directors’ fees for the year ending 31st December 2012.
- 6.To consider and if thought fit, pass a Special Resolution that subject to all relevant regulatory approvals being obtained, the Directors be and are hereby authorized to take steps to raise additional capital up to N 8 Billion via two separate Private Placements, one of which would be offered at N1.00 to Islamic Development Bank and all other investors whose monies had been kept as deposit for shares, and N1.15 to new prospective investors sourced both locally or internationally, upon such terms and conditions to be determined at the discretion of the Directors.
A member of the Company entitled to attend and vote at the Annual General Meeting is entitled to appoint a proxy in his stead. A proxy need not be a member of the Company.
- For the purpose of this meeting, a proxy form must be completed, stamped, and deposited at the office of the Registrar, Africa Prudential Registrars Plc. [Formerly UBA Registrars Limited] 220B Ikorodu Road, Palmgrove, Lagos, Nigeria, not later than 48 hours before the time fixed for the meeting.
NOMINATION TO THE AUDIT COMMITTEE
In accordance with Section 359(5) of the Companies & Allied Matters Act, Cap C20 2004, any member may nominate a shareholder as a member of the Audit Committee by giving notice in writing of such nomination to the Company Secretary at least 21 days before the date of the Annual General Meeting.
CLOSURE OF REGISTER
The Register of Members and Transfer Books of the Company will be closed from the commencement of business on Tuesday 19th June 2012 to the end of business on Monday 25th June 2012 to enable the Registrars prepare the Register of Shareholders for the meeting.
By Order of the Board
Rukayat Oziama Salaudeen
Jaiz Bank Plc
No. 73, Ralph Shodeinde Street
Central Business District, Abuja
Federal Capital Territory