Umaru Kwairanga (Sarkin Fulanin Gombe) holds a B.Sc (Hons) in Business Administration; MBA from the University of Maiduguri and M.Sc Finance & Governance from Liverpool John Moores University U.K (LTMU) Liverpool United Kingdom. He is a fellow of the Institute of Directors (IoD), Certified Pension Institute of Nigeria (CPIN) and Chartered Institute of Stockbrokers of Nigeria He is a well-traveled executive with vast knowledge of corporate governance practices with over 20 years cognate experience in Banking, Corporate Finance, as well as an active player in the Capital Market. He is on the Board of:-
- Jaiz Bank Plc.,
- Lafarge Cement Africa Plc.,
- Axa Mansard Pensions,
- Finmal Finance Services Ltd (MD/CEO),
- Waila Microfinance Bank Ltd.,
- Gombe Microfinance Bank Ltd.,
- First Bank of Nigeria Mortgage Bank Ltd.,
- Kano Electricity Distribution Company (KEDCO).
He is on the council of:-
- Nigerian Stock Exchange,
- Certified Pension Institute of Nigeria (President),
- Chartered Institute of Stockbrokers,
- Former Chairman of Ashaka cement Plc,
- Former Director in Central Securities Clearing System Plc.
Alhaji Kwairanga has attended several courses and training programs in fields relating to Finance, Investment and Money Market in reputable institutions including the Harvard Business School, New York, Institute of Finance and Euro Money. He is a Professional Certificate holder of the Chartered Institute of Stockbrokers, Certified Pension Institute of Nigeria and the Abuja Securities and Commodity Exchange. He has been Managing Director of a top notch stockbroking firms for over a decade and a Director in several blue-chip organizations. He was a member of the Nigerian Vision 20:2020, National Technical Working Group (NTWG) on Public sector Thematic Area. He is a well-travelled executive with extensive senior level management experience and impeccable ethics and integrity. He was recently conferred with an Honorary Doctorate Degree by Igbinedion University, Okada, Edo State, Nigeria.